The Control Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing, programming, and commissioning control and automation systems. Strong experience with programmable controllers, HMI’s, control system design, and hands-on troubleshooting is required. Under minimum supervision, must be able to troubleshoot various automated production equipment.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Review and modify existing equipment as required to meet safety, quality, and production requirements while fulfilling customer key business drivers.
- Manage and lead automation projects throughout entire lifecycle from concept through design and commissioning.
- Lead and manage control system upgrades of existing equipment and integration of new/existing equipment.
- Able to interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, blueprints, and layouts.
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with relevant codes and with proper documentation.
- Perform root-cause analysis, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain automated production systems.
- Program, troubleshoot, and repair/replace sensors, scanners, vision systems, motors, variable frequency drives, and encoders.
- Troubleshoot automated production equipment using RSLogix programming software.
- Create or modify operating interface screens using FactoryTalk View Studio and/or Wonderware System Platform.
- Troubleshoot electrical wiring, relay logic, control, and safety circuits using electrical schematics and electronic test equipment.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve processes, efficiency, quality, and service.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix and SLC platform controllers.
- Programming experience with Rockwell Software RSLogix 500 and 5000 software.
- Programming experience utilizing FactoryTalk M.E and/or S.E., or comparable client/server visualization systems.
- Experience with Siemens control system platforms.
- Process control experience with traditional DCS or modern DCS systems.
- Experience with variable-frequency AC drives.
- Experience specifying, installing, and troubleshooting thermocouples, pressure transducers, and proximity sensors desired.
- Capable of using a Windows-based PC, Microsoft Office applications and virtual machines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and program Allen-Bradley servos and servo controlled machinery a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer care skills and good commercial awareness.
Job Type: Full-time
- B.S. in Engineering preferred